October 13th – 15th: Aran Fawddwy (905m) + Aran Benllyn (885m) in the Snowdonia National Park
The Expedition Skills Module is an optional module available to walking leaders. It’s an opportunity to increase your skills where you will be trained and assessed to lead groups on multi day camping expeditions.The flexibility of the module makes it useful for Lowland Leaders, Hill and Moorland Leaders and Mountain Leaders in terrain and conditions within the scope of their respective qualification.
Note that places are available to accompany this event for those wishing to use it as a refresher toward HML or ML Assessment – this category will not be accredited/certificated by Mountain Training however.
To get started on the Expedition Skills Module you need to meet the following prerequisites:
- You must check that you are registered for the module on the Candidate Management System (CMS)
- You must have passed a Lowland Leader or Hill and Moorland Leader assessment
- You must have logged an absolute minimum of 10 overnight camps; ideally in a variety of contexts
- You must have assisted with at least two group camps (these can be included in your 10 personal camps)
- You must have a valid 16 hour first aid certificate, relevant to your work as a walking leader
Please contact me if there are any questions.