Bigfoot Services Limited was established in 2003 to offer mountain skills, first aid and management training on a worldwide basis. Managing Director Alan Ward holds the Summer, Winter and International Mountain leader Awards and is a qualified ISO Lead Auditor.
Courses on offer include:
- MOUNTAIN TRAINING: Hill Skills – Mountain Skills – Lowland Leader Award – Expedition Skills Module – Hill & Moorland Leader Award
- NATIONAL NAVIGATION AWARD SCHEME (NNAS): Bronze – Silver – Gold – Tutor Award
- RESCUE EMERGENCY CARE (REC): Level 1 HSE EFAW – Level 2 Outdoor First Aid – Level 3 HSE FAW – Level 5 Travel & Expedition First Aid – Paediatric First Aid – AED – High Altitude First Aid (+ PAC) – Forestry First Aid
- INSTITUTE OF SAFETY & HEALTH (IOSH): Working Safely – Managing Safely
- ROYAL GEOGRAPHICAL SOCIETY (RGS): Off Site Safety Management
- BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION (BHF): Heartstart ELS
Other services include bespoke treks and expeditions to a wide variety of interesting and challenging expeditions. In November 2018, Alan will lead a Charity Trek for Wales Air Ambulance to Everest Base Camp. Implementation assistance for ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and ISO45001:2015 is also available through internal auditing and management review services.
Wanderlust 2006 & 2012 Top Guide Awards – worldwide finalist (Alan Ward – IML).
British Heart Foundation Cymru – 2014 Heart Hero Wales for delivering CPR training to local communities.
IOSH + NEBOSH + ISO Lead Auditor qualifications are also held by Alan Ward.