November 5th, 2018 – Raise funds for Wales Air Ambulance on this charity trek to Everest Base Camp.
- Mt Everest Base Camp is the most popular destination for trekkers in Nepal. Its popularity has grown since the first expedition to the Nepalese side of Everest in the 1950s. For a trek to this part of the Himalaya, within a limited time, we have devised a two week trek to Everest Base Camp. It runs directly to and from Lukla.
- The trek follows the Dudh Kosi valley route with an ascent up to the Sherpa capital of Namche Bazaar. From Namche, we traverse along a high path from where we have our first good view of Everest. We head towards Thyangboche Monastery located on top of a mountain ridge. We descend to the Imja Khola and continue to the villages of Pangboche and Pheriche. We approach the Khumbu Glacier.
- The trek through the glacier takes us first to Lobuche and then to Gorak Shep. From Gorak Shep we climb up to Kala Pattar for even more spectacular views of the surrounding mountains, including Everest’s south west face.
- We then visit Everest Base Camp at the foot of the Khumbu ice fall before making our way back down to Lukla.
- This is a moderate trek, which takes you up to an elevation of 5,623m.
- The trek is offered on a land only basis in association with Himalaya Hikes PVT LTD of Kathmandu.
- The trek is BS8848:2014 compliant and audited in accordance with BS17050:2004
Trip Duration: 17 days – 16 nights
Trekking Grade: 11 days moderate trekking
Maximum altitude: 5,623m
Accommodation: Good quality mountain lodges
Services: All internal travel and meals as per the itinerary
Trip Group Size: 12 participants + IML + Assistant