February 11th and March 11th, 2017 @ CIWW – Cardiff
A 4 hour course. The REC certificated High Altitude First Aid course is designed to complement the REC L2 Emergency Outdoor First Aid course for those travelling to higher altitudes. Topic learning and practical demonstrations with the Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) are included in this course.
Limited to 6 candidates on each course but a morning and afternoon course is available on both dates: 0900-1300 and 1330-1730.
First aid training with the REC scheme is always easy and fun for participants. The course is progressive by building on each session and includes:
- What is High Altitude Sickness —–
- Forms of High Altitude Sickness —–
- High Altitude: Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) —–
- High Altitude: Pulmonary Edema (HAPE) —–
- High Altitude: Cerebral Edema (HACE) —–
- Diamox & Dexamethasone Use and Dosage —–
- Altitude Oxygen —–
- Hyperbaric Chamber (PAC) —–
The Candidates will gain knowledge and experience of the first steps in first aid which might be required at higher altitudes.